Computers can be finicky, daunting little machines whose sole purpose is to confuse you with weird errors and problems out of nowhere. However, you don’t have to be some kind of tech wizard to save your computer (and your sanity). As with anything you use, your computer needs to be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. While this may seem equal parts boring and scary, it actually isn’t as hard as you might think. That’s why we have put together a list of resources to help you help your computer. And since February 10th is Clean Out Your Computer Day, you can really get into the techie holiday spirit.
- Our lovely friend Wired Magazine’s all purpose computer physical and digital cleaning guide.
- Cleaning your computer’s guts (with pictures!)
- Maintenance tasks for Windows that you should do more often.
- When computers rebel: basic repairs you don’t have to pay anyone to do.
- The all purpose resource to just about every common computer problem