Occasionally we have patrons who are looking for genealogy information and records. While our library does not have an extensive amount of genealogy help, we do have access to the Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) through our Gale databases. TEL provides census records for Tennessee and other articles and data that could prove useful in regards to ancestry research.
How to use TEL to view genealogy information:
- Go to the library website.
- Click on the “Databases, E-books, and Media” link.
- Scroll down the list of databases until you get to Gale Virtual Reference Library. Click it.
- Once on Gale, click the top left TEL (Tennessee Electronic Library) logo.
- Now you are on the TEL website. Click the Genealogy button in red.
- Once on the Genealogy section, you can search databases, articles, and census records. You can also click to go to The Tennessean, Heritage Quest Online, and various other resources.
For more help with genealogy, we suggest visiting your local public library.