The Atlantic is a popular online magazine that covers the latest news and cultural phenomenons around the world, with a particular focus on the U.S. Some articles of The Atlantic are not accessible to viewers who don’t have a subscription or who have used up their free articles for the month. However, the library provides Union students and employees with access to The Atlantic through the database Gale Popular Magazines.
To access The Atlantic:
- Go to the library website: www.uu.edu/library.
- Click on the “Databases, E-Books, & Media” link under Quick Links.
- Scroll down the alphabetical list until you find Popular Magazines. Click the link.
- Once you are in the Popular Magazines database, click “Publication Search” on the bottom right of the home page.
- Choose the option to “List All Publications.”
- Scroll down the alphabetical list until you see The Atlantic. Click that link, and then you will be able to see articles from The Atlantic by their publication dates.