We’re here to answer all of your questions at the library! Here are some of our most popular questions from our students and guest patrons.
- How can I apply to work in the library as a student assistant?
Students can go online through the Vocatio Center to submit their resume. The Circulation Manager will review their resume and may invite them to an interview. If approved, the students will need to submit paperwork to the Vocatio Center and sign up for hours on the Circulation schedule.
- I need more prints. Can I buy them?
Yes, we have print cards for $1 and $5, it just depends on how many prints you need. If you need to do a print refund, though, that falls under IT- you can request one here.
- I need to request transcripts. Where can I do that?
The library does not handle transcripts. We can transfer you to the registrar’s office instead, or you can request them online via the registrar’s page.
4. I need to keep this book for a little longer than the due date for a project, but I’ve reached my renewal limit. Can you help?
Yes, generally we can extend the due date of a book when a student needs it for school-related purposes.
5. Can the library schedule appointments for the Writing Center?
No, the library and the Writing Center are separate entities (that do work together, though)! You can schedule an appointment with the Writing Center through their website here.
6. What are the library’s hours?
7. I need help with APA/MLA/Turabian citations. Can the library help me?
Yes, you can schedule an appointment with a Research Coach for help with citations. You can also check out the APA manual, the MLA manual, and the Turabian manual from the library.
- Does the library offer tutoring services?
No. The library does have research help for Union students, but not for high schoolers, children, or adults who do not attend Union.
- Does the library partner with any local home school or education programs?
No, but families with children are welcome to visit the library.
- I’m a college student at Jackson State. Can I check out books from Union?
Yes, through a local university & college agreement, higher education students at other nearby institutions can check out a limited number of Union library items. See our website for more information.
- Can I look at eBooks and articles on the library website as a guest?
Yes and no. If you are on Union’s campus, you can view eBooks and articles on our library website. If you are not on campus, you will not be able to view them without a Union login.
- I’m a Union alumnus. What can I do in the library?
As an alumnus, you qualify for a free guest card, which allows you to check out up to 3 books. You can also be logged onto a computer as a guest and print for $.10 a page.
- Can I pay with a credit card?
No, we can only accept cash or checks at Circulation.