If you have a question about finding books, articles, or DVDs, then you’ve come to the right place! We are happy to help you on your academic journey here at the library. But how can you ask us questions? There are several easy ways to contact us!
Visit the Circulation Desk or the Research Desk on the first floor. Our library staff and student assistants will be happy to assist you!
We have a new texting service! Text us at 731.201.4898 with your library-related questions.
There is a chatbox on the home page of our library website. You can use this service to ask us quick questions.
The main library number is 731.661.5070.
While each of the library staff have their own personal emails, you can also email the library in general at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are active on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and this blog (WordPress). Follow us for library news and updates!
However you choose to contact us, we are glad to help you!
It happens to the best of us: you’ve found a great book by searching our catalog, but it’s not available at our library! What can you do?
One option is to request the book through our Interlibrary Loan system.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided to obtain materials that are not available at Union University and to loan materials found in The Logos to other libraries. Two ILL systems are used by Union – OCLC and Docline. OCLC is a nationwide interlibrary loan system used by libraries of all types. Docline is a nationwide system used primarily by health sciences libraries.
Current Union faculty members, staff and students may request library materials not available in The Logos, within guidelines. Guests do not have access to ILL.
What does the ILL process look like for you?
- By filling out an ILL request form, available on the library website, you can request to have the book delivered to our library.
- Then, the book will arrive through “snail mail,” which can take 1-2 weeks.
- The book will have an “ILL cover” on it, which indicates its due date.
- When you’ve finished the book, you will return it to the library’s Circulation desk.
- The book will be mailed back to the library from which it was borrowed.
For questions about ILL, check out the library’s Interlibrary loan policies.
Curious about using Union’s wi-fi? The UU_Wireless wi-fi is free to use for students, faculty, and guests on campus. The policy is outlined below:
Wireless Access Point Policy
- No personally-owned wireless access points are to be connected to the University network.
- Any unapproved access point discovered in operation and connected to the University network is subject to being disabled and/or removed immediately and indefinitely.
For any wi-fi or computer related questions, visit the I.T. Help Desk or the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library.