It’s back! During Finals Week, come de-stress in the library’s Reading Room, located on the first floor. There will be FREE snacks, water bottles, and more!
The library is open extra hours for finals week! Come study in The Logos and improve your test scores.
We are so glad to have you here at Union University. At the library, we love to help you learn, research, and study!
First things first: the library website is located at www.uu.edu/library. This is your one-stop place for all things library-related, including links to our social media, library news, databases, catalogs, and more.
Here are some library facts and perks you should know about:
- Your student ID doubles as a library card! Use it to check out books at the Circulation Desk or at the self-check stations.
- If you need research help, you can schedule an appointment with one of our trusty Research Coaches.
- Sometimes your professors may have items for your class to check out on Reserves. Ask the staff at our Circulation Desk for access to items on Reserves.
- Want to know about due dates, fines, or overdue items? Check out Using the Library on our website.
- The first floor of the library houses the Circulation Desk, labs, offices, the Research Desk, Modero, and study spaces. The second floor houses books, movies, CDs, offices, two study rooms, and study spaces. The third floor houses the President’s office, administrative offices, study rooms, and study carrels.
- The library employs around 20 student assistants per regular semester. These student assistants are supervised by our library staff (managers, catalog associates, archivists- you name it, the library has someone who can do it). You may be a good fit for working here if you value attention to detail, helping others, and initiative!
Have a great first week of classes, and be sure to visit the library!
Celebrate the one- year anniversary of our building with special days this week!
- Monster Monday: free cookies will be served.
- Treats Tuesday: indulge in post-Halloween candy!
- Wassail Wednesday: treat yourself to a cup of seasonal goodness.
- Thirsty Thursday: enjoy Coke and popcorn on the the north patio.
- Food For Fines, Friday-Sunday: bring a nonperishable food item to the library and present it, along with your student ID, to have your fines forgiven.
- Sheet Cake Sunday: enjoy birthday cake at 7pm.
Keep watch throughout the week of October 31st for more updates on how to celebrate The Logos!